Have you been looking for a good way to get involved with ENY/ACRL? We’ll be posting about the various positions that are coming open this Spring.
The Treasurer position is an important one. You handle the money for the organization. It can be demanding, requiring someone who is very organized and self-motivating–a perfect position for a librarian! More information below.
- Elected position
- Serves 2 years.
- Time involved: Quarterly Board meetings, primarily online (about 2 hours each). Face-to-face meeting immediately after the annual conference. Monthly treasury reports to the board, plus the annual report prior to the conference. Must approve and process all financial transactions on behalf of the organization. It is estimated that you will spend one hour per week on this position.
- Maintains the Chapter checking account, Paypal, and credit card account.
- Pays all Chapter expenses and deposits all Chapter income.
- Submits a monthly Treasurers reports and an Annual report.
- Maintains state sales tax exempt number and certificate, and files all legal forms on behalf of the Chapter.
- Prepares supporting documents for reimbursement and budgeting.
- Member of ENY/ACRL
- Member of ALA and ACRL